WHAT DO WE DO ?
SELL THINGS - Supplies and tools
DESIGN, MANAGE AND INSTALL THINGS - Design, project managent, turnkey works
HIRE THINGS - Events, production, location works, inflatable screens
Future Projections was founded in 1996, offering technical and project management services to predominantly the independ-ent cinema sector in the UK. Specializing in unusual or more challenging jobs, we quickly developed a reputation for effectively dealing with the jobs that others had filed as "too hard". Initially most of our work involved the fast growing Picture House chain, however work soon spread to screening rooms, other independent cinemas and some overflow work for the major chains. This spread to include specialist works for multiplex chains in the UK , and in 1999 we worked on the first Digital
cinema projector installations with Warner Cinemas. We were proud to be appointed UK dealer for THX cinema systems in 1998.
We maintain a company ethos of looking after our clients well - 80% of our business is with existing clients and we move heaven and earth to look after their needs in a very fluid environment. We strive to offer new and interesting technologies when appropriate and regard one of our key talents as an ability to embrace and maximise new technology.
Today our equipment portfolio included Kinoton, BARCO, Panasonic, Crestron, QSC, Crown, JBL, THX and Martin Audio, as well as our own range of speakers, racks and amplifiers. We are factory trained by Barco, Kinoton and THX as well as INFOCOM CTS qualified.
In early 2006 we purchased a large warehouse / workshop facility in South London, within which we maintain our hire equip-ment, well equipped mechanical and electronic workshop and stores (as well as a damm good coffee machine - visitors are always welcome !) Today we are the only cinema service company to maintain a presence in Central London.
We accept that we have a duty beyond our own and our clients needs, and recycle all waste as well as maintaining sensible policies towards our neighbours and the environment - don’t expect to see us turn up in a V8 4 wheel drive (unless farms start installing film projectors) !.. Do expect to see us reusing packaging and using public transport. We are a small company and do our best to employ the best team and to be a fun place to work. We work hard and work to an incentive based package - along these lines we often have “finish early” Fridays, so expect your call at 4pm Friday to be diverted to a mobile. Everyday is “dress down” day - we are technicians, not salesmen !
Some of our key people
We are always looking for top, hardworking people to join our team - give us a call or drop us your CV..
Suzanne Roberts- Sales and Office Manager
(from Suzanne) After almost 9 years within the recruitment industry, I joined Future Projections looking for a challenge . This industry is surprisingly multi faceted – and I am loving every minute of it. One things for sure, I never get the opportunity to be bored! I help out in the workshop from time to time, taking and checking deliver-ies and dispatches I look after sales, clients, logistics and the team here. These days – not enough emphasis is put on customer care – we always go the extra mile to keep our customers happy. (from Peter - Suzanne also makes a hell of a coffee !)
Following graduation from Imperial College with a Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Charlie joined us primarily on the Engineering and installation front. Charlie heads up our hire and custom engineering works (when he is not working on his kit car or thinking of ways to crowbar a larger V8 into an ageing Ford Capri !)
Karen Pitman - Director and financial controller
Following qualifying with a MA in Film Studies at LCP, Karen managed a number of London cinemas including the Ritzy and Clapham Picture House, as well as looking after training for front of house staff at City Screen. After a (too !) brief period of maternity leave, Karen returned to City Screen as programmer. Today she looks after the financial and management side of Future Projections as well as leading the “creative” side of the busi-ness.
Peter Hall - Director
Working in the cinema industry since the age of 14, Peter worked on a number of cinema projects (including building the country’s first two art house cinemas in Auckland) in his native New Zealand after obtaining a NZCE in Electronics Engineering. Engineering positions followed, working with companies such as Konica, IBM and Panasonic both in New Zealand and abroad. Following a period of travel he worked with City Screen in the UK, project managing all of their early sites, after which a stint in cinema engineering elsewhere in the UK. He founded Future Projections in 1996.
We are proud to be the only cinema technology supplier in the UK to be accredited SILVER
membership of INFOCOMM. As such we commit to the following standards of excellence;
1. Complete Solutions The AV Solutions Provider (AVSP) works to provide a comprehensive AV system that meets the clients' communications needs.
2. Informed Advice The AVSP pursues a collaborative relationship with the client to understand the needs and recommend solutions to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
3. Best Value The AVSP seeks to give the client the best possible value and return on investment.
4. On-Going Technical Support The AVSP provides on-going support for the AV system through warranty and maintenance programs to ensure the system's usability and the client's satisfaction.
5. Systems Compatibility The AVSP designs or provides a seamless operational interface for components used in a rental environment or permanent installation to create a stable and viable system.
6. Scalability The AVSP designs and integrates AV systems that promote ease-of-use, long-term cost-effectiveness and upgradeability.
7. Clear Scope of Work The AVSP specifies in the proposal and quotation all the necessary components and services required to create the AV system and clearly calls out and discusses any exceptions.
8. Appropriate Documentation The AVSP provides appropriate and complete documentation of the system as specified in the vendor's proposal and quotation or the consultant's specification.
9. Expert Technical Staff AVSP staff are in programs to become industry certified, to maintain their certification and to keep current on new developments in AV technology.